Adding a view details to a sidebar widget
It is possible to put a view widget into your side bar, however the navigator shows up as well which can block the data you want to see. As the view widget is opened using a Notes URL you can add the custom option "HideNavigator
" in the URL.
1. Open the view you want to add to your sidebar.
2. Click the smarticon "Configure a Widget from Current Context...
" (looks like a toolbox).
3. On the "Configure a component from Notes" dialog click the "Open a Notes view, document, or frameset".
4. The Notes URL field will now be active. It may look something like this...
5. In this example it is trying to open a frameset. Disable that by removing "OpenFrameset&".
6. To tell the URL to open only the view information we add "&OpenView&HideNavigator" to the end of the URL. Your new URL should look something like this.
7. Click next.
8. Give your component a name and click "Display as a sidebar panel". Click finish.
Your view should now show up in the sidebar. If you want to use the search option in side bar view go into the database view and switch on the search. Then restart the widget.