ShowTable of Contents
Notes 8.0.1 Standard Gold Installshield Tuner 6.0: Inifile manipulation issue
I have tried using InstallShield Tuner 6.0 to configure some of the notes.ini setting and have hit a snag. I followed the steps mentioned in the "Applying Notes.ini settings during Notes client Installation" document posted below and have been stuck on step13."In the center pane, select the table, IniFile, and then scroll down the component list until you locate CST_INIFILE". I couldnt find the IniFile table in the Direct Editor section. IniFile table is not listed the Tables pane. Has anyone else tried this before and were successfull? Please guide
Applying NOTES.INI settings during Notes client installation
1. Open InstallShield Tuner(6) for Lotus Notes.
2. Select "Create a transform file", and in the Base Windows Installer Package box browse to the file "Lotus Notes 7.0.2.msi". The file "Lotus Notes 7.0.2.mst" will appear in the Windows Installer Transforms box below. Select the Create button.
3. From the System Configuration section, click the IniFiles item in the System Configuration section.
4. In the center pane, right click Destination Computer and then select Show Folder > Program Files Folder.
5. Expand the Program Files Folder directory to access the Lotus\Notes folder.
6. Right-click the Notes folder and then select the option, New Inifile.
7. Locate the default notes.ini file, INIFILE1.INI, that was created in the Notes folder. Rename this file with the name NOTES.INI.
8. Locate the default section, NewSection1, that was created for the NOTES.INI file. Rename the default section with the name Notes.
9. Select the Notes section and then modify these values that are located in the right-most pane of the Tuner:
- In the column titled Key, double-click New Key and modify the name using an appropriate value such as "ConfigFile".
- In the column titled Value, double-click New Value to modify the name. Use an appropriate value such as "n:\config\setup.txt".
- Verify that the Action value is set to the default value, Add Line.
10. In the left pane, expand Additional Tools and click Direct Editor.
11. In the center pane, select the "Component" table, and then scroll down the component list until you locate CST_COMPONENT.
12. Change the value in the Directory_ column from NOTES to the new value VDIR_INI by clicking NOTES, clicking the drop-down, and scrolling down to VDIR_INI.
13. In the center pane, select the table, IniFile, and then scroll down the component list until you locate CST_INIFILE.
14. Change the value in the DirProperty column from NOTES to the new value VDIR_INI
Thanks and Regards
5/16/08 -- Hi Devang, we revised some Tuner doc in the Notes/Domino 8.0.1 Admin help at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/domhelp/v8r0/index.jsp.
You might find these tuner-related topics helpful.
Customizing client installations using the tuner
Obtaining a tuner and creating a transform file
Using transform files for end-user installations
Performing a Notes multi-user silent install