You can install the Alloy by IBM and SAP client plug-in to an existing IBM Lotus Notes client using the supplied add-on installer or a client deployment widget. The following instructions are for the supplied add-on installer method.
Alloy uses a single client installer for all languages. The installer uses the local operating system locale to determine the language in which to display the installation panel text.
1. Log in to the client PC and launch Notes
2. Check that the correct version of Notes is installed. See Technote 1327348 entitled “Domino 8.0.2 and Notes 8.0.2 system requirements for Alloy v1.0” at http://www.ibm.com/software/lotus/support/notes/support.html.
3. Shut down Notes
4. Locate the client plug-in installer folder in which setup.exe and the updateSite folder resides on the Alloy Installation media, the folder name is similar to Atlantic_Client_Kit. Alternatively the folder may be supplied in a self-extracting executable such as Atlantic_Client.exe. This software should be made available (after extracting the files if using the Atlantic_Client.exe file) through a network share or similar after setting/checking the customization file as defined in item 5
5. Open the plugin_customization.ini file which can be found in the deploy folder of the Installation Kit and update the line beginning com.ibm.nderp.client as below :-com.ibm.nderp.client/NDERPMDWS_URL=http://YourDominoServerName/NDERPws.nsf/MetaDataService?openwebservice
6. Launch the setup.exe file from the Installation Kit to begin the Alloy client plug-in installation process. Note: Running the installer process a second time on the PC will actually uninstall the Alloy plug-in.
7. Read the Welcome screen and click Next
8. Read and accept the license agreement and click Next
9. Confirm that Notes is not running then click Install
10. Once the installation has finished click Finish
11. Restart the Notes Client. During the first launch, entries will be automatically copied to the notes.ini file. Once Notes has opened the Alloy sidebar panel will be available as will the integrated Notes mail and calendar views and functions. Embedded Alloy help is available by clicking on Help – Help Contents.