- Put the document in edit mode.
- Place your cursor anywhere in the table, and click Table > Table Properties
- Click the Table/Cell Background tab.
- Focus the cursor in the cell or range of cells you are adjusting, or select the entire table.
- Customize your table and cell color using these steps:
- Set color style for your table
- In the Table color section, select a color pattern in the Style field.
- Select color(s) for your table pattern in the Color field(s).
- Set color style within cells (solid or gradient)
- Place cursor in specific cell or select a range of cells.
- In the Cell color section, select cell color in the Color field.
- Select the Style for cell color (solid, top to bottom gradient, or left to right gradient).
- If you selected a gradient style, select a color for the gradient in the To field.
- To set style of color to all cells, click Apply to All in the Cell color section.
- Set an image to wallpaper your cell(s)
- In the Cell image section, click the folder icon to choose an image.
- Select the pattern in the Repeat field.
- To set image for all cells, click Apply to All in the Cell Image section.
Note: If the application designer did not put any images in your Image Resource locator, you can use images from other sources such as other applications or from your local machine.
- Wallpaper your cell(s) using a formula
- In the Cell image section, click the formula (@) button
- Enter a formula; click Done.
You can apply a transparent setting, which allows the background color of the table to show through, by clicking the transparency button in the Color
box (second button from left in upper right corner).
To undo transparency, click the third button from the left in the upper right corner.