Your Internet IMAP Offline or POP mail may be set up to store incoming mail in your Notes mail application. If so, you can read both your Notes and Internet mail in the same Inbox in Notes. If your Internet IMAP Offline or POP mail is set to use a separate Notes mail application, you must specify that application as the primary mail for at least one location in order to open that mail application.
: If you use IMAP Online mail, see To specify your IMAP mail as your primary mail.
- If necessary, switch to a location from which you want to access your Internet POP/IMAP (incoming mail) and SMTP (outgoing mail) accounts.
- Notes Basic on Windows: Click File > Preferences > Location Preferences.
Notes Basic on Macintosh OS X : Click > Lotus Notes > Preferences> Location Preferences
Notes Standard on Windows: Click File > Preferences. Click Locations.
Notes Standard on Macintosh OS X: Click Lotus Notes > Preferences.
- Select the current location, and then click Edit.
- Click the Mail tab.
- In the Mail file field, specify the file name for your IMAP Offline or POP mail application if it's not already specified, and then save the location.
- Replicate your Internet mail (download it from the server).
- Open your mail, if necessary, and then click the Refresh button above the message list or press F9 to update the Inbox with new messages.