If you use shared login and want to make a copy of your User ID for use on another system, you must use a special procedure. The procedure assigns the copy of the ID file a new Notes® password.
1. Click File > Security > User Security.
2. Type your Microsoft® Windows® password and click OK.
3. Verify that "Login to Notes using your operating system login" is selected, which indicates that you are using Notes shared login.
4. Click Copy ID.
Note: If you do not see the Copy ID button, your User ID still contains a Notes password and you should use Windows Explorer to make a copy of the User ID. You will need to remember and provide the Notes password for the User ID when starting Notes on the other computer.
5. Specify a location and file name for the copy, including the .id file name extension, and then click Save.
6. You see a prompt explaining that you are about to set a password for the ID copy, and that you will need to remember the password in order to use the ID copy on another computer. Click OK to close the prompt.
7. Type a password for the ID copy twice, and click OK.
8. Read the reminder prompt that is displayed and click OK.
If you use the copied ID on another computer, it will be enabled for Notes shared login if your administrator has enabled the feature for you.