In applications that do not include a Trash
view, you can set up something like a Trash view, so when you delete documents you still have time to restore them before they are deleted permanently.
To do this, you allow "soft deletions," and set up a view for documents that have been soft-deleted. The documents remain in this view for the length of time you specify, and then are deleted permanently.
- For existing applications, open the application and click File > Application > Properties, and then click the Advanced tab.
If you are creating a new application, click File > Application > New, and then click the Advanced button.
- Select Allow soft deletions.
- In the Soft delete expires time in hours field, specify the number of hours for deleted documents to be available before they are permanently deleted.
- Click the check mark that appears next to the field.
- With the application still open, click Create > View.
- Enter a view name, for example "Deleted Documents."
- Select Shared, contains deleted documents from the View Type field.
- Choose a location for the view, and then click OK.