|No abstract provided. Tags: document, documents, mail, style, paragraph, text, font, color, 8.5, 8.5.1, 8.5.2, 8.5.x
ShowTable of Contents
Use paragraph styles to save combinations of paragraph and text properties that you use regularly. Once you create a paragraph style, you can then use the style whenever you create a document.
Put a document in Edit mode and click in the document.
Click Text > Text Properties
Click the Paragraph Styles
Use the following procedures to create and assign styles.
Create a style
- Click anywhere in the paragraph with the text properties you want to save.
- Click Create Style.
- Enter a name for the paragraph style in the Style name field
- Select any of these optional settings:
- Include font in the style - checked by default; remove the check if you don't want to save the selected paragraph's font in the paragraph style.
- Make style available for all documents - to make the style available for all documents that you can edit in all applications.
- Assign style to the Style Cycle key [F11] to make the style available when you press F11 to cycle through paragraph styles.
Apply a style to a paragraph
- Select the paragraph(s) you want to format
- Do one of the following:
- Click Text > Apply Style and select a style from the menu that displays. Select Other to choose a style that is not displayed in the menu.
- Click Text > Text Properties, and then click the Paragraph Styles tab to select a style from the Paragraph styles list.
Assign a paragraph style to the cycle key
If you assign a paragraph style to the F11 key, you can press F11 to cycle through named styles when you format paragraphs.
- Click Assign to Keyboard.
- Select the paragraph styles you want to assign to the cycle list.
Note: A check mark displays next to the styles assigned to the cycle list. To remove a style from the cycle list, click the style.
Change an existing style
- Click anywhere in the paragraph with the text properties you want to use.
- Click Redefine Style.
- In the Redefine dialog box, select the paragraph style that you want to change
Delete a style
- Click Delete Style.
- Select the paragraph style to delete.
Predefined paragraph styles
- [None] - recognizes the properties of the most current paragraph style you created. However, you can create a new paragraph style without deleting the previous one by changing and saving new properties as a different paragraph style.
- Headline - font color is dark magenta, font style is bold, point size is 12, and the line spacing setting for the Below option is 1 1/2 (all other text attributes are default settings).
- Bullet - applies bullets to text and the point size is 10 (all other text attributes are default settings).
- Basic - point size is 10 and the line spacing setting for the Below option is 1 1/2 (all other text attributes are default settings).