ShowTable of Contents
< Previous | Cookbook Contents | Next >
The goal of this article is to aggregate information about creating and configuring two key databases that are used to enable OpenSocial Component: the Widget Catalog and the Credential Store. The Widget Catalog is used to store information about OpenSocial gadgets, including their administrator approval status, proxy whitelist information and capabilities. Similarly the Credential Store securely stores information about OpenSocial gadgets, including proxy whitelist information, capabilities, and OAuth consumer and access information. For more information about how these database are used, refer the Widget approval process
article and the Gadget rendering process
During the course of this article one will create and configure both of these databases for use by the OpenSocial Component in Notes and Domino.
Creating the Credential Store
The Credential Store must be created on the Domino Server with Shindig. To create the credential store, follow the instructions here:
For 9.0: Creating the credential store application on the server running Shindig
For 9.0.1: Creating the credential store application on the server running Shindig
If you are creating the Credential Store on a server that is in a cluster, you need to perform extra steps.
For 9.0, see Creating the credential store application in a cluster
For 9.0.1, see, Creating the credential store application in a cluster
If you need to move the Credential Store application, you must follow the instructions here:
For 9.0, Moving the credential store application
For 9.0.1, Moving the credential store application
For more information on the Credential Store application:
For 9.0, see Using a credential store to share credentials
For 9.0.1, see Using a credential store to share credentials
Configuring the Credential Store
Before the Credential Store can be used for OpenSocial Component functionality, it needs to be configured. To configure the Credential Store, follow the instructions here:
For 9.0, Configuring the credential store application for Domino Social Edition Open Social component
For 9.0.1, Configuring the credential store application for Domino Social Edition Open Social component
Creating the Widget Catalog
To create a Widget Catalog, follow the instructions here: Creating a widget catalog in 9.0
or Creating the widget catalog in 9.0.1
. If a deployment already has a Widget Catalog, then updating the design of that database is sufficient - a new database does not need to be created. When replacing designs, please refer to Updating Widget Catalog Design
To enable OpenSocial Component functionality in iNotes, including Widgets and Embedded Experiences, each iNotes server needs a replica of the Widget Catalog.
Configuring the Widget Catalog
Configuration of the Widget Catalog is outlined here:
For 9.0, Configuring the widget catalog application
For 9.0.1, Creating the widget catalog
However, there are key pieces of configuration to make note of explicitly:
- The Widget Catalog MUST be configured to point to the Credential Store created above. For 9.0, this is outlined in Steps 9 and 10 of this page: Configuring the credential store application for Domino Social Edition Open Social component. For 9.0.1, this is outlined in Steps 10 and 11 of this page: Configuring the credential store application for Domino Social Edition Open Social component.
- The "PushToCredStore" agent MUST be enabled as detailed here:
For 9.0, Enabling agents in the widget catalog.
For 9.0.1, Creating the widget catalog.
This agent pushes necessary data to the Credential Store database during the Widget approval process
- The entry in the ACL with the "[Admins]" role SHOULD NOT be a group. See this technote: When approving OpenSocial widgets, Widget Catalog administrators need to be individually listed in the ACL
- In order for the "PushToCredStore" agent to run successfully, the server hosting the Widget Catalog MUST be listed as a "Trusted Server" in the "Security" tab of the server document for the Domino Server with Shindig. See Widget Catalog server must be trusted by the Domino Server with Shindig for more information.
- Optional. You may wish to change some of the default values of the Shindig proxy or configure connections through a passthru proxy. See Proxy metadata configuration for more information.
Database Deployment Diagram
This diagram shows where the two databases outlined in the article are created, using the deployment diagram introduced in the Deployment Architecture
Cluster and Advanced Configurations
Maintaining a one to one relationship between a set of widget catalog replicas and a credential store (singular or clustered) is very important, and this includes the individual OpenSocial widgets in a catalog. The agent that populates the credential store will remove any content that does not link to the content of the current widget catalog. Using a structure with multiple widget catalog copies that all write to the same credential store will lead to data loss, as one widget catalog overwrites the contents of another one. Thus, hierarchical widget catalog structures should be avoided. The following diagram shows the supported configuration of widget catalogs and credential stores.
< Previous | Cookbook Contents | Next >