Have you ever searched for a term in the Lotus Domino Administrator Help database, seen result topics in the list that seemed promising, but when you opened the topics, the term you searched for was not actually in
This is an indication that the Help's full-text index is no longer properly updated, or has even somehow become corrupted.
In either case, replacing the index with a newly built one is an easy task.
: If you ever select File > Open > Lotus Notes Application
and use this dialog box to open either the Lotus Notes or Lotus Domino Designer Help databases, you can fix their indexes the same way.
To rebuild a bad search index
- If the Administrator help database is open, close it.
- In your operating system, navigate to the /data/help directory.
- Delete the help85_admin.ft folder shown here.
- Open the Help database again.
- Click Search:
You should see a progress bar listing the topics being indexed.
- Try your search again. The term(s) you search for should be highlighted, and you should see a relevance bar in the topics list on the left: