|This will will help you fix/identify root cause to some degree or find at the least the offending thread/task, it is very fast where you need to provide a quick relief to the customer, such cases would be:
1. High cpu utilization on Domino task.
2. Server slowness
3. Server hangs during shutdown.
4. Specific task performance investigation. (pop3, http , imap)
1. how to identify process involved? ( detect the process & pid)
ps auxw | sort -r +2 | head -10 - Shows top 10 cpu usage by process.
OS tools like topas or tops can be also used to isolate the process id .
2. How to identify highest thread usage by CPU in a certain process?
AIX : ps -mo THREAD -p
Linux : top -p -H
Solaris : prstat -p -L
3. Find Thread stack , you can use nsd -stacks or use OS debugger
How to match the corresponding thread stack with the tpid, Show thread stacks of a running process. ( find thread tid stack)
Sun : pstack -F /
AIX : procstack -F /
LINUX : gdb -F /