Notes Traveler 9.0.1 Interim Fix 6 (IF6) is an APAR roll up for the Notes Traveler server and Android client. The information below outlines fixes included, download and install information. Please be sure to review the Lotus Traveler Product Documentation
for additional information.
Notes Traveler 9.0.1 IF6 obtained from Fix Central
can only be used to upgrade existing Notes Traveler 9.0.1.x systems. For new setups or to upgrade older versions of Notes Traveler, please obtain and install the full 9.0.1 install package from Passport Advantage
then install this IF.
The latest Notes Traveler client applications for mobile devices can be installed directly by end users from the respective app stores.
IBM Notes Traveler for Android
IBM Notes Traveler Companion for Apple
IBM Notes Traveler ToDo for Apple
IBM Notes Traveler Companion for Windows Phone
See Notes Traveler APAR Listing
This IF includes support for Apple iOS 8.x devices. See technote 168361
|Release Date||Component||Version||Build Level|
|September 14, 2014||Server|
You can obtain a 9.0.1 IF6 upgrade installer for Windows, Linux and IBM i from Fix Central
. The upgrade installer requires that Notes Traveler 9.0.1.x already be installed. You can obtain the Notes Traveler 9.0.1 full product installer from Passport Advantage
prior to installing this IF if needed.
Please review the 9.0.1 Product Documentation links below prior to installation.
Planning for Installation
Installing the Lotus Traveler Server
Important for stand alone setups
When upgrading to 9.0.1 IF6 the defrag function
may run automatically during the first start of the Notes Traveler server. This will happen any time the database schema is updated as a result of an upgrade. The server will start normally once the defragmentation is completed. Depending on database size and system capabilities, the defragmentation may take longer than 30 minutes. Please plan this time into any scheduled maintenance window for upgrade. It is recommended to manually run the database defrag approximately once a month for enhanced performance in a standalone system. Consult your DB administrator for recommended maintenance if using an Enterprise DB.
Domino 9.0.1.x is required to run Notes Traveler 9.0.1 IF6.
Installation on Windows
For installation instructions on Windows please see the installation instructions here
Installation on Linux
For installation instructions on Linux please see the installation instructions here
Installation on IBM i
1. Ensure that IBM Domino 9.0.1 and IBM Notes Traveler 9.0.1 or prior 9.0.1 IF are already installed.
2. Download the IF installation package for IBM i if you have not already done so from Fix Central
3. On your workstation, extract the zipped installation package, which contains: QNTSINSTF: IBM i Traveler binary save file.
4. Sign on to the IBM i system with a user profile that has *ALLOBJ and *SECADM special authorities.
5. From the IBM i command line, run the following commands to create a library and the required empty save file for IBM Notes Traveler.
6. Open a Windows Command Prompt on your workstation and change to the directory that contains the extracted file. For example: cd c:\mydir
7. Start an FTP session with your system and transfer the extracted file to the save file you created earlier. Use the same user profile that you used in Step 4.
ftp [your IBM i server name or IP address]
ftp login> username
ftp password for login> password
ftp> put QNTSINSTF MYLIB/QNTSINSTF
8. The save file on your system now contains the IBM Notes Traveler Server software.
9. Ensure the Domino server is stopped prior to running next steps.
10. Sign on to the IBM i system with a user profile that has *ALLOBJ and *SECADM special authorities.
11. From the IBM i command line, use the RSTLICPGM command to install from the save file you created, this example uses the save file MYLIB/QNTSINSTF.
RSTLICPGM LICPGM(5733LD9) DEV(*SAVF) LNG(2924) OPTION(21) SAVF(MYLIB/QNTSINSTF)
12. Post-install check:
Refer to Installing IBM Notes Traveler on IBM i
wiki for additional info.
Please be aware that uninstalling Notes Traveler 9.0.1 IF on IBM i by DLTLICPGM command will completely uninstall Notes Traveler and not roll back to Notes Traveler 9.0.1 gold level. To restore the previous Notes Traveler 9.0.1 Gold level you should reinstall Notes Traveler 9.0.1 from Passport Advantage.
Notes Traveler Maintenance Release Information
Notes Traveler APAR Listing
Finding Notes Traveler on Passport Advantage
How to subscribe to Notes Traveler product notifications