Sample Implementation: An possible procedure to handle meeting invitations and Accept or Decline messages Added by Ruth Buffkin on March 30, 2010 | Version 1
|This is a help document from an environment using Notes and BlackBerry's. Just an example...all installations and environment requirements differ.
Recommended way to handle Accept & Decline Messages:
Recommended way to handle meeting invitations:
- Create a folder on Lotus Notes and call it (for example) Calendar Items.
- Replicate Notes so the folder is pushed down to the BlackBerry device, assuming you are using wireless mail synchronization.
- Select an Accept or Decline message, and file it into the new folder, Calendar Items.
- This will remove the item from your inbox on Lotus Notes and the BlackBerry (if you have the option checked to hide filed messages on BlackBerry).
- After the wireless synchronization has taken place, you will be able to see the status of attendees for your meeting.
- If you delete Accepts & Declines from the BlackBerry, they are gone and you will not have attendee status information. If you delete them from Lotus Notes, they are removed from your inbox on Lotus Notes, but will remain in the BlackBerry inbox.
Method to prevent Calendar Accepts and Declines from being pushed to handheld:
- Check your calendar and, if appropriate, accept the meeting on the BlackBerry.
- This will remove the invitation from the BlackBerry and Lotus Notes inbox.
- If you accept the meeting on Lotus Notes, you will have to delete the invitation from BlackBerry.
- Connect your PC to the IBM Intranet.
- Connect your BlackBerry to your PC.
- Start Desktop Manager, and make sure you are connected and online.
Note: The above screen capture is of the latest version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager. The main screen looks different in previous versions, but the main functions remain the same. Do not use the Check For Updates link from this new screen.
- Go to Email Settings, select Filters, and click New.
- Create a new entry similar to the following:
- Click OK.