Setting paragraph margins using text propertiesAdded by Julia Brown on May 2, 2011 | Version 1
You can set the left and right margin of a paragraph for display and for printing. You set margins using absolute (inches) or relative (percentages) measurements.
- Put the document in Edit mode.
- Select the paragraph(s).
- Click Text > Text Properties
Note: To set margins for text that contains a hotspot, button, attachment, or object, select the item, and click
- > (Notes sets margins for the paragraph that contains the item.)
- Click the Paragraph Margins tab.
- In the Margins section, select Absolute (inches) or Relative (percentages) for the left and right margins.
- Specify the margins size for the left and right margins, using the following explanations:
Click the check mark that displays when the size is entered.
- Absolute: Left - specify the number of inches before the paragraph begins; Right - specify in inches the width of the paragraph.
Example - Left 1" and Right 7" means that the paragraph begins after a 1-inch margin on the left, and continues for 7 inches.
- Relative: Left - specify the percentage of the page to leave for a left margin; Right - specify the percentage of the page to fill to the right margin.
Example - Left 20% and Right 100% means that the paragraph begins at 2 inches, and continues to fill 100% of the text area possible (based on page margins or on the window display size).
Note: You must click the check mark or your selections will not be saved.