Step-by-step instructions for installing Lotus Domino Access for Microsoft Outlook (DAMO) 8.0.2Added by Michael A Willard on June 3, 2010 | Version 1
|Instructions on how to install and configure Lotus Domino Access for Microsoft Outlook (DAMO) 8.0.2
Note the following requirements before you begin:
- You must be running either Windows XP or Windows Vista.
- You must be running either Outlook XP with SP3, Outlook 2003 with SP2, or Outlook 2007 with SP1.
- Your default email client must be set to Outlook. To verify this, in Internet Explorer, select Tools > Internet Options > Programs.
- The Domino server you connect to must be at minimum release 7.0.1.
- You must know the hierarchical name of your Domino mail server (for example, Server/Org/Unit)
- Your Notes ID file is required for DAMO setup. Your Notes ID must be stored in your Person document on the Domino server or must have a local copy of it.
1. Launch the setup executable.
2. Click Next on the Welcome screen.
3. Review and accept the terms of the license agreement and click Next.
4. Enter your name and organization.
5. Click Next to accept the default install directory. Or click Change to specify a different install directory and then click Next.
6. On the Custom Setup screen you can modify what features are installed. For example, you could select to install the Single Logon feature.
7. Click Install.
Throughout the install a progress bar will show the status.
Setting up DAMO is the final portion of install. On the setup Welcome screen, enter your name and your Domino server name and click Next. Tip: Be sure to enter the server's hierarchical name (for example: Server name/Org/Unit).
If Setup cannot find the server by name, you have the option to enter the server's IP address.
NOTE: If your Notes ID is not attached to your Person document which is stored in the Domino Directory, you will see a dialog box with the message:
"Setup could not find your ID file on the server. If you have a disk with your Notes ID, then enter the file name below. If you don't have a User ID, please contact your administrator."
Once you specify your ID location and enter the password you will be prompted to create a cross certificate. Click Yes.
When you start Microsoft Outlook, you will be prompted to select a MAPI profile (e.g., a Domino MAPI profile, or some other profile).
Tip: If you are not prompted for a Domino MAPI profile, or if for some reason the MAPI profile creation process did not complete, you can always recreate it (see the following section for instructions).
Note that a new tab for "Domino Preferences" will now be available from Microsoft Outlook Tools > Options.
If when you launch Microsoft Outlook you are not prompted for a Domino MAPI profile, or if for some reason the MAPI profile creation process did not complete, you can always recreate it by following the steps below.
1. Go to Control Panel and select Mail.
2. Choose E-mail Accounts
3. Select and then remove your Domino Mail MAPI profile.
4. Once the Domino Mail MAPI profile is removed, you will need to initialize the setup process again by running the DAMO install file. This time you will choose Modify to recreate the MAPI profile as shown below.