Changing spell check preferences in Lotus NotesAdded by Julia Brown on July 8, 2010 | Version 1
|You can set many preferences for spell check. You can flag misspelled words as you type, automatically correct them as you type, ignore certain words, and more.
ShowTable of Contents
You can set the following preferences for spell check in Lotus Notes
- Set a default language dictionary
- See installed language dictionaries
- Ignore words that contain numbers
- Ignore words that are in uppercase, such as COBOL
- In multi-language documents, continue with the alternate language until a new language tag is reached
- Flag misspelled words as you type
- Automatically correct typing errors as you type
To set any of these preferences, follow these steps:
In standard Notes
- Click File > Preferences.
Macintosh OS X users: Click Lotus Notes > Preferences.
- Click Spell Check.
In basic Notes
- Click File > Preferences > User Preferences.
Macintosh OS X users: Click Lotus Notes > Preferences > User Preferences.
- Click the plus sign beside International and then click Spell Check.