ShowTable of Contents
By default, Lotus Notes shows which documents you have or have not read in a view.
What do unread emails/documents look like in Notes standard?
They will display in bold text
, or in a different color, depending on the application.
What do unread emails/documents look like in Notes basic?
They will have red stars
next to their titles.
How do I mark documents read or unread?
You can mark documents as "read" or "unread" yourself, without having to open the documents:
|Tip: The quickest way to mark something read or unread, is to select the document and click Insert. (Macintosh users, use instructions below)|
- Select documents by clicking next to each one in the left column, or by clicking the document title. (It depends on which application the documents are in.)
- Click Edit > Unread Marks.
- Select one of the following:
- Mark Selected Read - to mark the selected documents as read
- Mark All Read - to mark all documents in the application as read
- Mark Selected Unread - to mark the selected documents as unread
- Mark All Unread - to mark all documents in the application as unread
When you choose to mark all documents read or unread, you will get a prompt window to confirm that you want to do that. To disable (or re-enable) the prompt.
- In notes standard, click File > Preferences > Basic Notes Client Configuration, and under Additional Options, select or deselect Do not prompt when marking all documents read or unread.
- In Notes basic, click File > Preferences > User Preferences, and under Additional Options, select or deselect Do not prompt when marking all documents read or unread.