The 'Debug_Enable_Fastopen' setting should never be used. Here are related
steps recorded from a customer engagement:
- Upgraded Domino from 6.5.4 to 7.0.2 FP2.
- Upgraded the mail templates of all the mail files.
- Whenever any users open mail files on the server, their Notes Client
hangs for infinite time.
- When the local mail file is opened, then no problem.
When this setting is absent or set to 0 then Domino behaves as expected.
It is not known if this setting effects versions of Domino other than 7.0.2
FP2. It is strongly suggested that this setting be avoided for all versions
- Completely remove this setting from all server NOTES.INI files and the
NOTES.INI section of all configuration documents.
- If there are any effected users, close their Notes client, and delete
their client side CACHE.NDK file.
This setting existed prior to Domino 6.5.x and is present in all later
No server restart required. Configuration changes will take effect within
Domino Configuration Tuner:
This setting is included in the DCT
catalog of best practices.