notes.ini DEBUG_FIXUP_RESET_ACL should only be used when it is determined that the ACL on a database is damaged. The setting should only be used temporarily.
This setting is absent from the notes.ini by default.
Never leave this enabled. Only use it and then remove it.
If you have determined that a database has a corrupt ACL,perform the following steps to repair it:
1) Move the damaged database to a Domino server or Notes client to which only you have access.
2) Add the following setting to the notes.ini file on the client or server: DEBUG_FIXUP_RESET_ACL=1
3) Run the Fixup task against the database. For example, if you moved the database to a Notes client, at the command prompt on the client computer change to the Notes program directory and type nfixup .
4) Fixup changed the -Default- access level in the ACL to Manager. Change it back to its original value and make any other ACL changes that are required to return the ACL to its original state.
5) Move the repaired database back to the original server.
6) Remove DEBUG_FIXUP_RESET_ACL=1 from the notes.ini file.
New in D8.5
Domino Configuration Tuner:
This setting is included in the DCT catalog of best practices.