- IE - Visual InterDev or Visual Studio (attach IE with Script mode)
- Firefox - Firebug or Venkman
Use the iNotes console
There is a debugging console available in iNotes in the "lite" mode UI (new tabbed UI). This new UI is available in Lite mode starting in 8.0.1 and in Full mode starting in 8.5. You can see the console by holding down the Ctrl
key on the keyboard and clicking on the "IBM Lotus iNotes" logo.
AAA.EVI.sr (nLevel, sId, sMessage, fNoAlert)
= log level: 0 = error, 1 = warning, 2 = info, 3 = detail
= Not used. Set it to ""
= text message to appear in the console
= true: don't show message on alert area, even though the log level is higher than or equal to "info"
AAA, EVI, and sr are obfuscated variables. Their unobfuscated values are:
AAA = com_ibm_dwa_globals
EVI = oStatusManager
sr = addEntry
Use the browser's console
How to emit strings to console, and how to open up the console, depend on the browser you are using.
How to open up the console:
- IE - In Visual InterDev or Visual Studio: Select View - Other Windows - Output menu
- Firefox - Set browser.dom.window.dump.enabled property to true in about:config UI. And then launch Firefox with "firefox -console" command
defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeDebugMenu 1
- Safari 4.x - Enable "Show Develop menu in menu bar" in Safari's preference, and then choose "Show Error Console" from the Develop menu
How to emit string to console:
- IE - Debug.write()
- Firefox - dump()
- Safari - console.log()
Debugging "object not found" errors
(The code copied from "running documents" pane)
If the script actually is broken, the debugger pinpoints what broke the script block. If not, alert box should be shown, or debugger stops at a line of code with undefined object, etc.