To place the widget on the left hand side of the blog, we'll start by opening the blog database.
In the navigator, located on the left hand side, select Advanced. Still in the navigator, in the new window that opened, expand HTML Templates by clicking on the plus sign that is to the right of the words HTML Templates. In the navigator click on Block Templates. In the view, double click on LeftSideBar to open that Block Template.
1. Place the LeftSideBar document in edit mode by pressing the Edit action button. Make sure you are on the Text/HTML tab
2. Go to the large text box, which is located underneath the Template Name text box, and within that HTML text place your cursor after:
What I normally do is color the pasted code. I know that colored code was added by myself and wasn't part of the original template that created the blog database. I use the color blue by highlighting the text that I pasted and going to the menu bar and choosing Text, Color, Blue.
3. Press the Save and Close action button
4. Press Shift and F9 keys together on your keyboard
5. Open your browser and you will now see the widget on the left hand side of the home page of your blog database. If you do not see the widget, please refresh the browser.