This document provides additional informations regarding the Technote 1273378
(you can download the red color .jar file from the technote).
In Lotus Notes 8.0.2, you need to modify the notes.css including in a JAR file. To update this jar file, you need to follow a special process.
- Stop your Notes Client
- Backup the initial jar file (com.ibm.notes.branding_18.104.22.16880809-0430.jar).
- Extract the notes.css, containing in the "themes" folder.
- Create a folder "themes" with notes.css in the folder "\framework\shared\eclipse\plugins"
- Modify the notes.css :
For unread mail in red color, you just need to change the color value as described in the picture :
- Launch the following command :
jar uf com.ibm.notes.branding_22.214.171.12480809-0430.jar themes\notes.css
- Restart your Notes Client
For Lotus Notes 8.5, I have attached a modified jar file to display unread email in red.
Otherwise, it's the same process than 8.0.2.
JAR Documentation : http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/deployment/jar/update.html
The .jar file and location are in: \framework\shared\eclipse\plugins\com.ibm.notes.branding_126.96.36.19980809-0430.jar