To perform a Notes silent multi-user install
or upgrade you must configure an install transform file setting for multi-user,
and call that transform file on the command line. Otherwise, the
silent install command line will perform a Notes single user install.
Note: You must have administrator
rights or elevated privileges to perform a multi-user install or upgrade.
Use the Notes client-only installer. Multi-user installation does
not currently support the Notes Allclient installer.
The steps to create the transform file
for multi-user install and upgrade are as below:
1. Open the "InstallShield Tuner
for Lotus Notes" program and locate the supplied configuration file
2. Click Create a new transform file.
3. In the Select an MSI file field for
the Microsoft Windows Installer Package option, select the supplied MSI
file (for example, Lotus Notes 8.0.1.MSI).
4. In the New project name and location
field for the Microsoft Windows Installer Transform option, enter the customized
transform filename, for example mu.mst.
5. Save the customized transform file,
for example mu.mst, to the same location at which the Notes install media
kit resides, specifically the directory in which the Notes multi-user SETUP.EXE
6. Click Create.
7. Click Application Configuration.
8. Open the customized transform file
name, for example mu.mst.
9. Click Setup Properties.
10. Change the value in the ApplicationUsers
property from "OnlyCurrentUser" to "AllUsers." By default
the installation is now a multi-user installation for the customized transform
file, for example mu.mst.
11. Click Save.
12. Open a Command Prompt window.
13. Navigate to the Notes install media
kit on your local drive. Note that this is the same directory in which
the supplied Lotus Notes 8.0.1.msi file resides and that you just created
the multi-user transform file, named, for example mu.mst.
14. Type the following and respond to
setup /s /v"TRANSFORMS=mu.mst /qn"