VeriSign® Digital IDs for Secure Email allow you to digitally
sign and encrypt your digital communications using a Class 1 Digital ID,
bound to your validated email address. Recipients of your email will know
that the content came from your email address and has remained private
Steps to Obtain and Add x.509 SSL Certificate from VeriSign into ID File
Verisign help https://knowledge.verisign.com/support/digital-id-support/index.html
1. Go to http://www.verisign.com/ and look for Digital IDs for Secure
Email and either purchase or request a 60 day free trial.
2. Choose your current browser as the certificate will be imported
3. Complete the enrollment form. Make sure that the email address
you fill in is the actual address you intend to send encrypted/signed mail
from. Once you obtain the certificate, the email address listed will
appear as the digital signature when signing and encrypting messages.
4. After completing the enrollment form, you will be sent an email
which will include a pickup ID and URL link.
5. After clicking the link sent via email, you will be prompted to
accept the certificate into your web browser.
6. Once the certificate is in the browser, you can access it from
Tools -> Internet Options
7. Here you can access and export any certificates which are part
of the web browser.
8. Now you can select the newly imported Verisign Class 1 Digital
certificate and export.
9. Once the certificate is actually a physical file, you can then
import this into your Notes ID file from File-> Security->User Security
10. Once the certificate is part of the ID file, you will need to
send a signed message to the recipient you intend to start sending encrypted
11. Once the user receives the signed message, they will be prompted
to cross certify.
12. After the user successfully cross certifies, they will send you
a signed message as well and you will need to cross-certify.
13. To verify the internet certificate has been imported into your
address book, you can check the contact record.
14. Lastly, you will be able to send and receive encrypted messages
to and from this particular user!