Notes Traveler 126.96.36.199 is a feature release that includes new function and APAR fixes for the Notes Traveler server and Android client. The information below outlines the changes included. Please be sure to review the Lotus Traveler Product Documentation
for additional information.
Notes Traveler 188.8.131.52 obtained from Fix Central
can only be used to upgrade existing Notes Traveler 184.108.40.206 systems. For new setups or to upgrade older versions of Notes Traveler, please obtain the full 220.127.116.11 install package from Passport Advantage
See Whats new in Notes Traveler 18.104.22.168
|Release Date||Component||Version||Build Level|
|July 29, 2013||Server|
|Platform||Passport Advantage||Fix Central|
Notes Traveler 9001 for IBM i is only available on Passport Advantage.
You can obtain the Notes Traveler 22.214.171.124 full product installer from Passport Advantage
Alternatively you can obtain a 126.96.36.199 upgrade installer for Windows and Linux from Fix Central
. The upgrade installer requires that Notes Traveler 188.8.131.52 already be installed.
Please review the 184.108.40.206 Product Documentation links below prior to installation.
Before you Install
Before you Upgrade
Installing the Lotus Traveler Server
Important for stand alone setups
When upgrading to 220.127.116.11 the defrag function
may run automatically during the first start of the Notes Traveler server. This will happen any time the database schema is updated as a result of an upgrade. The server will start normally once the defragmentation is completed. Depending on database size and system capabilities, the defragmentation may take longer than 30 minutes. Please plan this time into any scheduled maintenance window for upgrade. It is recommended to manually run the database defrag approximately once a month for enhanced performance in a standalone system. Consult your DB administrator for recommended maintenance if using an Enterprise DB.
Domino 9.0.0.x is required to run Notes Traveler 18.104.22.168. It is recommended that the Domino server be at or later than Domino 22.214.171.124 IF2
Installation on Windows
For installation instructions on Windows please see the installation instructions here
Installation on Linux
For installation instructions on Linux please see the installation instructions here
Installation on IBM i
1. Ensure that IBM Domino 9.0 is installed.
2. If IBM Notes Traveler 9.0 GOLD or 126.96.36.199 IF1 is previously installed. Please use DLTLICPGM command to uninstall the product first.
DLTLICPGM LICPGM(5733LD9) OPTION(20)
Do not use RMVNTSDOM command prior to DLTLICPGM command if you would like to keep current configuration and data of your Traveler servers. IBM Notes Traveler 188.8.131.52 installer will upgrade all the previous Traveler 9.0 GOLD or 184.108.40.206 IF1 servers to 220.127.116.11 version automatically.
3. Download the Traveler 18.104.22.168 installation package for IBM i if you have not already done so.
4. On your workstation, extract the zipped installation package, which contains: QNTSINSTF: IBM i Traveler binary save file
5. Sign on to the IBM i system with a user profile that has *ALLOBJ and *SECADM special authorities.
6. From the IBM i command line, run the following commands to create a library and the required empty save file for IBM Notes Traveler.
7. Open a Windows Command Prompt on your workstation and change to the directory that contains the extracted file. For example: cd c:\mydir
8. Start an FTP session with your system and transfer the extracted file to the save file you created earlier. Use the same user profile that you used in Step 5.
ftp [your IBM i server name or IP address]
ftp login> username
ftp password for login> password
ftp> put QNTSINSTF MYLIB/QNTSINSTF
9. The save file on your system now contains the IBM Notes Traveler Server software.
10. Sign on to the IBM i system with a user profile that has *ALLOBJ and *SECADM special authorities.
11. From the IBM i command line, use RSTLICPGM command to install from the save file you created, this example uses the save file MYLIB/QNTSINSTF.
RSTLICPGM LICPGM(5733LD9) DEV(*SAVF) LNG(2924) OPTION(20) SAVF(MYLIB/QNTSINSTF)
The following error message will be displaying in the IBM i command line entry as a result of above RSTLICPGM command if IBM Notes Traveler 9.0 GOLD or 22.214.171.124 IF1 is installed.
IBM NOTES TRAVELER 126.96.36.199 IS ALREADY INSTALLED. PREVIOUS VERSION OF
TRAVELER NEEDS TO BE UNINSTALLED BEFORE INSTALL TRAVELER 188.8.131.52,
PLEASE USE 'DLTLICPGM LICPGM(5733LD9) OPTION(20)' TO UN-INSTALL
TRAVELER 184.108.40.206 FIRST, THEN RE-INSTALL TRAVELER 220.127.116.11..
IBM NOTES TRAVELER 18.104.22.168 INSTALLER WILL UPGRADE ALL THE TRAVELER
22.214.171.124 SERVERS to 126.96.36.199 VERSION..
Exit program processing failed.
Product 5733LD9 option 20 release *FIRST not processed.
*PGM objects for product 5733LD9 option 20 release *FIRST not restored.
Objects for product 5733LD9 option 20 release *FIRST not restored.
For IBM Notes Traveler High Availability pool on IBM i, need to copy the jt400.jar file to the directory /qibm/proddata/lotus/domino900/traveler/lib/. The jt400.jar file is located here:
IBM i 6.1: /QIBM/ProdData/HTTP/Public/jt400/lib
IBM i 7.1: /QIBM/Proddata/OS400/jt400/lib
13. Post-install check:
Refer to Installing IBM Notes Traveler on IBM i
wiki for additional info.
Notes Traveler Maintenance Release Information
Notes Traveler 9.0.0.x System Requirements
Notes Traveler APAR Listing
Finding Notes Traveler on Passport Advantage
How to subscribe to Notes Traveler product notifications