When I need to uninstall your Sametime embedded client in your Notes client, do I need to uninstall Notes and start over?
You can uninstall just the Sametime embedded client from you Notes client if ever need to do so. Usually you upgrade or update your Sametime embedded client. When might that be necessary? A corrupted download of an upgrade or testing of other embedded clients can lead to this need.
If you have not seen the embedded client, if it is installed, and by default will be in the Notes client, it will be in the widgets area of the client.
First identify the product feature, as it is called in the Notes client, to uninstall.
1. Click on Help and About IBM Notes
2. Click on Feature Details
3. Identify the Sametime embedded client by the Feature Name. Expand the Version column to read the full version number, you will need this later.
4. Open the Notes menu File-> Application -> Application Management
5. Expand the view IBM Notes and the view showing the shared eclipse plugins and features.
6. Scan down the page to the Sametime feature whose date and description match that of the feature you noted in the Help->About IBM Notes->Feature Details and click Uninstall. You will receive a confirmation dialogue, click the OK / Yes. You will see a popup the says Notes must be restarted.