ShowTable of Contents
You can lock a document to prevent people from making changes and saving the document while you are editing it. There are two ways to lock a document: manually and temporarily.
IMPORTANT: If you lock a document while you are working locally or offline, your edits may not be saved
To lock a document, the following must be true
- Document locking must be enabled in the application.
- You must have Author access or higher to lock a document.
How to lock a document temporarily
Documents locked temporarily prevents only two people from working in a document at the same time and is not supported on multiple replicas.
- To set a temporary lock that unlocks when you close the document, open or place the document in Edit mode.
- To unlock the document, close the it.
How to lock a document long-term
Documents locked long-term (aka manually) cannot be edited on any replica of the application.
- To set a long-term lock that you have to manually unlock, click Actions > Lock Document.
- To unlock the document, click Actions > Unlock Document.
- To unlock a document you have locked, you must use the same User ID you used when you locked the document.