Create a Trash view equivalent in applications without a Trash viewAdded by Julia Brown on May 5, 2011 | Version 1
In applications that do not include a Trash
view, you can set up something called "soft deletion." To do so, you set up a view comprised of documents that have been soft-deleted. The documents remain in this view for the length of time you specify, and then are deleted permanently.
- For existing applications, open the application and click File > Application > Properties, and then click the Advanced tab.
If you are creating a new application, click File > Application > New, and then click the Advanced button.
- Select Allow soft deletions.
- In the Soft delete expires time in hours field, specify the number of hours for deleted documents to be available before they are permanently deleted.
- Click the check mark that appears next to the field.
- With the application still open, click Create > View.
- Enter a view name that identifies the view, for example "Deleted Documents."
- Select Shared, contains deleted documents from the View Type field.
- Choose a location for the view, and then click OK.