As of Notes Traveler 9.0 the Nokia Symbian and Windows Mobile clients are no longer included with the install package. These devices are approaching end of life in the market place, however they are still supported for use with Notes Traveler. If setting up a new server and wish to provision new Nokia Symbian or Windows Mobile devices please follow the steps below.
Notes Traveler version 9.0 or later must already be installed.
- It is not necessary to install this client package if upgrading a server from a previous version that contained the Nokia and WM clients. During upgrade, existing client software is not removed from the system.
- If running a Notes Traveler HA pool, it is only necessary to perform these steps on one of the servers in the pool. The clients will automatically be made available on all servers in the pool.
- To manager client levels or check if this version is already installed use the Client Manager feature of the Web Admin interface, generally found at:
- For more information on managing client versions see the Client Manager documentation from the Administrating Notes Traveler section of the product documentation.
- For Client usage documentation and supported devices see the Usage Guide for Notes Traveler 8.5.3 Upgrade Pack 2, which was the last release to ship these clients.
Installation Instructions for Windows
Estimated Time: 15 minutes
To Install The Clients:
1. Do NOT stop the server.
2. Unzip the desired client package (WM or Nokia) to \domino\html
3. In the domino console, enter:
tell traveler client refresh full
4. The Nokia and/or WM clients can now be downloaded from the Notes Traveler server
and installed on Mobile devices.
To verify that the clients are available log into the Client Manager web
administration interface and verify that the client version and build
numbers for Nokia and WM clients are set as default.
PREVENTING DOWNLOAD OF A CLIENT:
Estimated Time: 5 minutes
For compatibility reasons, you can not delete the default level of client
from the Notes Traveler server, but you can disable the ability to download
the client. To disable a particular client download you need to set a notes.ini
For Nokia set this parameter:
For windows Mobile set this parameter:
For more information on managing client levels be sure to review the Client Manager
documentation from the Administratrating Notes Traveler section of the product