ShowTable of Contents
If you are synchronizing contacts (or replicating & sync-ing), and you see the error "Sync aborted due to incorrect mail file," this article will help you troubleshoot the problem.
[screenshot of error in context]
This error appears when the owner of the mail file doing the synchronizing is different from the owner of the mail file whose contacts are being synced.
Why this error is good
This error prevents you from synchronizing contacts with the contacts from the wrong mail file owner.
Reasons this could be happening
- You manage someone else's mail and calendar, and are synchronizing contacts in their mail file. You cannot synchronize another person's contacts for them.
- Your team has a public mail file, and you are logged into a location with that mail file.
- You own 2 Notes id files have different location doc for each id and mail file.
Solving the problem
Switch to a location where you are the owner of the mail file. Here's how:
- Check the the lower right corner of your screen to see what your current location is
- Click File > Preferences (or File > Preferences > User Preferences). Then click Locations.
- Select your current Location and click Edit.
- if you are not the owner of the mail file, switch to a location where you are the owner of the mail file.
Remove the following line from your notes.ini file, located in the Notes/Data folder on your computer: