This video shows how IBM Sametime, IBM Notes Social Edition, and IBM Connections working together create a Social Communications solution that can save you money and increase productivity throughout your organization.
To watch the video, click the play button. To read a text version of this video, scroll to the
Action on Screen
|1||A Day in the Life of an Account Manager||Social Business animation and video title screen display.|
|2||IBM Sametime, IBM Notes Social Edition, and IBM Connections working together create a Social Communications solution that can save ZetaBank money and increase productivity throughout the organization.|
This is Renata Washington. She's an account manager for ZetaBank, so she works directly with customers, collaborates with other account managers and service representatives, and consults with regional managers across the world.
She usually starts her day reviewing her current email messages. Her manager, Paul, has sent her a notice asking her to review the latest staffing proposal posted to the Files application in Connections. With Notes Social Edition, Renata can download the file and post a comment telling Paul when she will complete her review. She can do all of this without leaving the mail message.
|Display screen showing:|
• IBM Sametime
• IBM Notes Social Edition
• IBM Connections
Montage of Renata's image, and images for others with whom she collaborates.
- Renata's Inbox is open in IBM Notes Social Edition.
- Click email from Paul to display the embedded experience.
- Highlight the download option, and then post a comment from within the email.
|3||While Renata is still reviewing her messages, Minh Li, a customer service representative, pings her to see if Renata can jump on a call with a customer, Sally Brown, who has questions about one of her loans. ||
- Display chat window between Minh Li and Renata.
- Minh Li asks Renata to join a call with the customer.
- Renata agrees.
|4||Renata accepts the incoming call and answers the customer's questions. She realizes that more clarification on the account policies in Brazil would be helpful and perhaps her manager can help her with that.||
- Display incoming call alert.
- Click Accept.
- Display three way call window.
- Click red phone icon to end the call.
|5||Paul is online, and she sees that he is not currently on the phone, so she starts a video call with him. ||
- Highlight live names in Renata's Contacts list.
- Click Paul's name, and then click the Video Call icon.
|6||Paul is helpful, but thinks that Al Moreno, the country manager, will be better able to address the issues. So Renata invites him to join the call, by just dragging his name into the video window.||
- Drag Al Moreno's name from the Contacts list into the call window.
- Display video call window showing Renata, Paul, and Al.
|7||Al tells Renata and Paul that there's a Connections community called Brazil policies where employees can discuss banking policies, procedures and frequently asked questions specifically related to accounts in Brazil. She adds the Brazil Policies Connections community to her Sametime Advanced broadcast communities, so she can ask the community members questions in real-time. ||
- Open Broadcast Communities widget in the sidebar.
- Search for brazil.
- In search results, check Brazil Policies: Connections.
- Click Finish.
|8||Renata decides to use Skill Tap to send a question about the policies related to the customer's question and allow experts within the community to provide answers and expertise. The members of the community who choose to participate will |
instantly receive an alert.
- Select the Brazil Policies broadcast community, and click the Skill Tap icon.
- Type “I have a question about how the upcoming legislation 30019 will affect existing loans. Does anyone know about that legislation?
- Click Finish.
|9||Gail responds to say that her team has been working on the same issue. ||Display chat window showing Skill Tap question and Gail's response.|
|10||Gail would like to see the information that Renata has already gathered, so Renata easily shares with Gail a link to the Connections file containing the current policies.||
- Display chat window with Gail asking Renata.
- Renata opens the Files plugin in the sidebar, and drags the Current Policies file from the plugin to the chat window.
|11||They decide to talk of the phone about the policiy details. Renata uses the click to call function to call Gail. Using SUT, she can call Gail, even without even knowing her phone number.||Click the Call icon in the chat window.|
|12||After she finishes the call, Renata checks her activity stream and sees that the Account Managers Connect community has a video call later today. ||
- Open the Activities stream in the Notes sidebar.
- Scroll the list of activities and click the event notification.
- Close the Activities stream.
|13||After lunch, Renata leaves her office to travel to one of the branches. |
Because she uses Sametime Unified Telephony, she can set call routing rules that indicate what device should ring, based on her location, status, time of day, and even who is calling her. Renata uses her cell phone in the branch office, so her current device changes automatically when her location changes.
- Display updated geographic status in the Sametime Contacts sidebar.
- Display the Notes Preferences dialog box > Routing Calls.
- Hover over rule showing calls should be routed to Renata's cell phone.
|14||Paul places a call to Renata, and reaches her on her cell phone. He reminds her that there's a meeting with a colleague on the US West Coast later in the day that he'd like her to join.||Display Renata's cell phone with incoming call from Paul showing on the handset.|
|15||Prior to the Account Managers video call, Renata browses through the Account Managers Connections community. She notices a new forum post from Ron Espinosa. |
She sees his picture, and looks at his business card to find out more about him. If she needed or wanted to she could email or chat with him right here from the Community.
- In IBM Connections, click Communities > I'm a Member.
- Display the Communities page.
- Click the Account Managers community.
- Highlight the What are the CD rates for Q1 2013? post to see Ron Espinosa's name.
- In the Members widget, hover over Ron Espinosa's name, and click to see his business card.
- Pan the different options in the business card.
- Click white space to close the business card.
|16||Renata can easily join the Account Managers video call right from the community page and engage with all of the account managers.||
- In the Video widget, click the Join In button.
- Display video call with 9 people attending.
|17||Later that afternoon, Renata has some more policy questions that she thinks Al can answer. From her Notes client, she can quickly find him using typeahead and call him directly to quickly get her questions answered.||
- From the Sametime Contacts widget in the Notes sidebar, type Al's name in the QuickFind field.
- Select Al Moreno from the list of search results.
- Click Call in the Sametime dialog box.
- Display two-way call window.
|18||At the end of the day, Renata leaves her laptop in the office. She uses her tablet to join the US West Coast call with Paul and his colleague.||Display screen image of iPad showing Sametime meeting.|
|19||With IBM Sametime, IBM Notes Social Edition, and IBM Connections, Renata can easily connect with her colleagues to solve customer problems, share the most up to date product and policy information and stay connected from any location. She can do anything from anywhere with anyone making her a very productive account manager.||
- Display screen showing:
Closing screen showing IBM Smarter Planet logo, IBM logo, and ibm.com/social-business web site.
- IBM Sametime
- IBM Notes Social Edition
- IBM Connections