For this purpose, the web based administration interface is recommended, as it contains actions and views for new features. However, the legacy Domino
administration client interface is still available for stand-alone configurations.
There are four views an administrator can access that provide useful information. These views include which users have registered with the IBM Notes
Traveler server, device security policy compliance status, remote wipe status, connection status, and build level. Use the following steps to access user and device information:
- From the Domino Administrator 8.5 client or later, open a Domino server running the IBM Notes Traveler service.
- Select the Messaging tab, then the Mail tab.
- Expand the IBM Notes Traveler view selector.
The administration database has the following views available:
- Device Security - displays device information specific to device wipe support and IBM Notes Traveler security policy settings. At the beginning of the list there is a tool bar that allows an administrator to take action on the selected devices. In addition, double clicking the selected row displays detailed security information about that device.
- Device Settings - a built-in set of default device preferences and security settings that an administrator can modify for use when a device initially registers with IBM Notes Traveler. Device preferences control how and what data is synchronized with devices, and security settings define the security policy for devices.
- Devices - displays a list of all devices on the server(s). Double clicking on the selected row displays detailed information about that device.
- Users – Displays a list of all registered users on all servers.
For more information on what these views contain, see the following topics:
Parent topic: Using the administration application