IBM Domino setup considerationsAdded by IBM on July 29, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|There are considerations to be aware of when setting up IBM® Domino®.
Parent topic: Before you install
- The Domino server that hosts IBM Notes® Traveler must have access to user mail servers and Manager plus delete access to mail files. This access is granted by adding this server to the LocalDomainServers group.
- In a multi-domain environment, the Domino server hosting IBM Notes Traveler might need to be cross certified with the other Domain mail servers for access to be granted.
- Each user must have an HTTP password, or directory assistance must be configured so that the user ID and password can be validated.
- Each user should have an Internet address specified in their person document. In general, mobile devices work better with Internet addresses than with Domino style addresses.
- Each user must be in the local names.nsf database of this Domino server or directory assistance must be configured so the users can be found.
- If you are using Internet Site documents and plan on syncing Apple devices, ensure that the Options command is enabled on the Configuration tab of the Internet Site document. This is required to register and sync Apple devices.
- Set More name variations with less security in the Internet authentication parameter on the Security tab of the server document. This action resolves many login issues.
- Review the IBM Domino documentation before installing IBM Notes Traveler. In particular, read the sections on SSL, directory assistance, IBM Domino domains, and IBM Domino mail router. These are IBM Domino functions and not controlled by IBM Notes Traveler.
- IBM Notes Traveler requires the following notes.ini parameters during startup. Review them and be sure that they have the correct values, or IBM Notes Traveler can fail to start.
- The IBM Domino server that is hosting each IBM Notes Traveler service must have the HTTP web server component installed. This component is installed by default when you install your IBM Domino server.
- IBM Domino service provider configuration is not supported by IBM Notes Traveler. IBM Domino Service Provider setup does not allow servlets which are required for IBM Notes Traveler to function.
- IBM Notes Traveler does not support Roaming Users or Roaming Profiles. All of the user's data must exist in the mail file on the mail server.