Pre-accepting the IBM Notes Traveler software agreements on IBM i when installing from a CDAdded by IBM on July 29, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|If you are installing IBM® Notes® Traveler from a CD, it is highly recommended that you display and accept the IBM Notes Traveler software agreements before starting the installation.
If you do not pre-accept the software agreements, the installation process will restore the product to the system, then stop and wait for acceptance of the agreements before completing the installation. You can skip the following procedure if you are installing from a downloaded image.
To pre-accept the IBM Notes
Traveler software agreements, perform the following procedure:
Parent topic: Installing IBM Notes Traveler on IBM i
- Insert the IBM Notes Traveler CD into the optical drive of your system.
- Enter the following command on an IBM i command line:
The Work with Licensed Programs
- From the Work with Licensed Programs (LICPGM) menu, select Prepare for install and press Enter. The Prepare for Install display appears.
- Type the numeral 1 in the option field next to Work with Software Agreements. Press Enter.
When the Work with Software Agreements display appears, you see all IBM licensed programs that require software agreement acceptance and whether the agreement has been accepted. Only licensed programs that are not yet installed appear on this display. The software agreements for IBM Notes Traveler will not appear in the list until you restore them from the CD in a later step.
- Press F22 (shift-F10) to restore the software agreements from the IBM Notes Traveler CD. For the Device parameter, specify the name of your optical drive (for example, OPT01). Press Enter to restore the IBM Notes Traveler software agreements to the system.
- Once the software agreements are restored from the IBM Notes Traveler CD, the following message displays:
Waiting for reply to message on message queue QSYSOPR.
You can sign on to another session to respond to the message, or ask the system operator to respond.
To view and respond to the message from another session:
- Enter the following command on an IBM i command line: WRKMSGQ QSYSOPR.
- Select option 5 to display the messages in the QSYSOPR message queue.
- Locate the following message in the queue:
Load the next volume in optical device OPT01. (X G)
Then respond to the message with the character X
- The Work with Software Agreements display should now show the restored licenses for products that are not yet installed.
Note: For IBM Note Traveler on IBM i, you will see an entry for Licensed Program 5733LD9, option 20.
- For the entry of Licensed Program 5733LD9 option 20, type the numeral 5 in the option field and press Enter to display the software agreement. Then press F14 (Accept) to accept the terms of the software agreement.