There are IBM® Lotus® Domino® setup items and Linux® operating system considerations when planning the IBM Lotus Notes® Traveler server installation.
For detailed system requirements, see this article: Lotus Notes Traveler 8.5.2 System Requirements
Ensure you set the new parameter for Lotus Notes Traveler 8.5.2. Set the External Server URL on the LotusTraveler
Tab of the server document. If you are not using an 8.5.2 template for the Address Book, then set the value in the notes.ini
file. See Server document settings
and Notes.ini settings
for more details on the parameter.
Lotus Domino setup considerations
- The Domino server that hosts Lotus Notes Traveler must have access to user mail servers and Manager plus delete access to mail files. This access is granted by adding this server to the LocalDomainServers group.
- In a multi-domain environment, the Domino server hosting Lotus Notes Traveler might need to be cross certified with the other Domain mail servers for access to be granted.
- Each user must have an HTTP password, or directory assistance must be configured so that the user ID and password can be validated.
- Each user should have an Internet address specified in their person document. In general, mobile devices work better with Internet addresses than with Domino style addresses.
- Each user must be in the local names.nsf database of this Domino server or directory assistance must be configured so the users can be found.
- If you are using Internet Site documents and plan on syncing Apple devices, ensure that the Options command is enabled on the Configuration tab of the Internet Site document. This is required to register and sync Apple devices.
- Set More name variations with lower security in the Internet authentication parameter on the Security tab of the server document. This action resolves many login issues.
- Mail routing must be configured on the Lotus Domino server to grant access from certain types of messages to be sent from a mobile device. For example, the response generated by accepting a meeting invitation.
- Review the Lotus Domino documentation before installing Lotus Notes Traveler. In particular, read the sections on SSL, directory assistance, Lotus Domino domains, and Lotus Domino mail router. These are Lotus Domino functions and not controlled by Lotus Notes Traveler.
- Lotus Notes Traveler requires the following notes.ini parameters during startup. Review them and be sure that they have the correct values, or Lotus Notes Traveler can fail to start.
Installing on Linux
- You must run the Lotus Notes Traveler installation application as the root user.
- Be sure that the Lotus Domino server user does not have an expired password. An expired password could cause the installer to hang as the Linux operating system tries to acquire the installation application to change the password.
Parent topic: Installing the Lotus Notes Traveler server