Follows these steps when upgrading the Lotus Notes® Traveler server.
For detailed system requirements, see this article: Lotus Notes Traveler 8.5.2 System Requirements
In general, you should upgrade both Domino® and Lotus Notes Traveler at the same time. Upgrading in this way is required for major releases. For maintenance releases, ensure you are operating at the latest available maintenance level.
- Shut down both Domino and Lotus Notes Traveler.
- Remove TRAVELER from the ServerTasks list in the notes.ini file to prevent Traveler from starting. Leaving TRAVELER in the notes.ini can result in errors on the console due to a mismatch in version levels. These errors will continue to display until both products are upgraded.
- Install the new Domino server.
- Start Domino and allow it to complete any migration tasks.
- Shut down the Domino Server.
- Install the new Lotus Notes Traveler server (it automatically adds TRAVELER back to notes.ini)
- Start the Domino server, and Lotus Notes Traveler starts automatically.
- Important: Ensure you set the new parameter for Lotus Notes Traveler 8.5.2. Set the External Server URL on the LotusTraveler Tab of the server document. If you are not using an 8.5.2 template for the Address Book, then set the value in the notes.ini file. See Server document settings and Notes.ini settings for more details on the parameter.
There are additional configuration items to consider after upgrading the Lotus Notes Traveler server:
- All network traffic is now over HTTP or HTTPS. As a result, HTTP threads may be insufficient for your needs. See Tuning performance of the server for details.
- If all Windows Mobile and Nokia devices are running Lotus Notes Traveler Client 8.5.2 or later, then the TCP Push port (8642 by default) can be disabled. To disable it, set Port for TCP connections to 0 on the Lotus Traveler tab of the server document.
- It is no longer necessary to modify the Apple.xml for proper configuration of Apple devices. Instead, review the following to be sure your server is configured correctly, then delete Apple.xml and allow it to be recreated from the AppleTemplate.xml file. This file is not automatically migrated, as it may have been modified by the Administrator.
Parent topic: Installing the Lotus Notes Traveler server