An administrator can prevent individual devices that are registered with IBM® Lotus Notes® Traveler from syncing by using the Deny Access
action in the Lotus Notes Traveler administration database.
This may be a temporary action while a user looks for a lost device before issuing a remote wipe for the device, upgrading the device to a requested level, or updating the device security settings to meet company policy. The Deny Access
action can be used to permanently prevent access by individual devices that are not wanted for reasons such as security, functionality, or performance. This will still allow the user to access other devices.
- From the Domino® Administrator 8.5 client or later, click the Messaging tab, and click the Mail tab.
- Expand the IBM Lotus Notes Traveler twisty. (If you are unable to view this, check that your Notes id has manager ACLs on LotusTraveler.nsf).
- Open the Device Security view.
- Select the device.
- Do one of the following:
- To deny access to the device, select the Deny Access action.
- To re-enable access to a device that has been denied access, select the Clear Wipe/Allow Access action.
Parent topic: Controlling access to Lotus Notes Traveler