Installing the server on Linux operating systemsAdded by IBM on November 14, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|Begin here to install the server on Linux™.
Begin here to install the server on Linux
Installation files are located on the IBM
® Lotus Notes
® Traveler Server DVD. The DVD is included with the IBM Lotus
® DVD media kit, or in the Lotus Notes
Traveler installation application from your IBM Passport Advantage
® or IBM PartnerWorld
Parent topic: Installing the Lotus Notes Traveler server
- Ensure that you first stop the Domino server before installing Lotus Notes Traveler.
- If installing from a DVD, insert the DVD into the DVD-ROM drive of the target system. Navigate to the DVD content and run launchpad.sh.
- If installing from an installation application, extract the tar file to a temporary location then run TravelerSetup.
- Review and accept the license agreement.
- Select Install multiple partitions to install on Lotus Notes Traveler on multiple Domino partitions. Leave cleared if the Domino server is not partitioned or if you want to install on only one Domino partition.
- Specify the directories in which the Domino program files and data files are located. You might also be prompted to enter the directory for the Notes.ini file if it is not present in the Domino program files directory.
Note: When installing on a partitioned Domino server, you can install Lotus Notes Traveler on one or more of the Domino partitions. The installation window pre fills with all partitions detected by the installer. Add or remove partitions from the window as needed. The same installation options are used for all partitions indicated. In addition, you can add or remove partitions at a later time by either the installer again or running the uninstaller.
- Enter the values for the Domino user name and groupname. These are existing users and groups on the Linux server used to run the Domino server, which are set up before installing and running the Domino server.
- Select Set User Home Page as default website for this server.
The user home page is a useful starting place for users. It provides status information, links to client software, and user management options. If the user home page is set as the default website for this server, it can be viewed by pointing any browser to http://hostname
. If the user home page is not set as the default, it can be viewed by pointing the browser to http://hostname/servlet/traveler
. This setting takes effect the first time Lotus Notes
Traveler is started and can be manually changed at a later time. See NTS_WEBSITE_HOME
parameter in Notes.ini settings
for more information.
- Configure the Client Connection URL by indicating whether clients connect directly to the Lotus Notes Traveler server or connect through a proxy. If the URL is not currently known, select Configure later. Select Next.
- Specify the external server URL in the field, and select Next. The URL is validated. Note any warning dialogs and continue.
- Review your selections. If any changes are needed select Previous to update the selections, otherwise select Install to continue.
- Select Finish when the installation is completed. If any errors or warnings are reported, review the installation log and contact IBM Support to resolve any problems.