This topic includes a complete list of all Domino
® HTTP configuration changes required to successfully start and run IBM
® Lotus Notes
® Traveler. In general it is not necessary to make any manual configuration changes to the Domino
server. However, in some environments the Lotus Notes
Traveler server may not have write access to the Domino
server document. In this case, add NTS_AUTO_CONFIG=false
to the Notes.ini file to suppress any error messages, and then make the required changes to the server document as specified in this topic.
- Open Notes.ini and set the following parameters:
Open servlets.properties located in the Domino data directory. If the file is missing, create the file. Set the following parameters:
Note: JavaUserClassesExt is a comma-separated list.
- NTS_CLASSES=Domino Program Directory\traveler.jar
For example: NTS_CLASSES=C:\Program Files\IBM\Lotus\Domino\traveler.jar
Open httpd.conf located in the Domino data directory. Ensure that the following lines are included in the file:
Open the Domino server document in edit mode.
Click Internet Protocols -> HTTP.
Optional: Set Home URL to /servlet/traveler if you want the Lotus Notes Traveler user home page to be the default site for this server.
Click Domino Web Engine.
Set Java servlet support to Domino Servlet Manager.
Set Class path to an existing directory or create the specified directory.
AddType .sisx x-epoc/x-sisx-app # Symbian S60 applications
AddType .cab application/vnd.ms-cab-compressed # Windows Mobile installation file
AddType .apk application/vnd.android.package-archive # Android installation file
AddType .mobileconfig application/x-apple-aspen-config # iPhone Configuration Utility Configuration Profiles
Note: This step is not required for Lotus Notes Traveler, however the Domino Servlet Manager displays an error if this directory does not exist.
Complete these steps if the server is configured to use Internet site documents:
Restart the HTTP server.
- Open the Internet site document for Web Protocol in edit mode.
- Click Basic.
- Either set the Use this web site to handle requests which cannot be mapped to this site to Yes, or set the Host names or addresses mapped to this site with the host name that the Lotus Notes Traveler client uses to connect to this server.
- Click Configuration.
- Optional: Set Home URL to /servlet/traveler if you want the Lotus Notes Traveler user home page to be the default site for this server.
- For Allowed Methods, select GET, POST, and OPTIONS.
Parent topic: Configuring Lotus Notes Traveler server