|Perform the following procedure to generate a set of logs for troubleshooting a user sync problem. These problems include missing, corrupt or incomplete mail, calendar, contacts, and so on.
- Increase the log level for a specific user that is exhibiting the problem by running the following command:
tell traveler log adduser finest <username>
Note: If the log statements are not associated with a particular user, they are labelled as a special user, called *system
. As a result, you can use *system
as a username with this tell command as well.
- Find the current fields being logged by running:
- Include the field data in your log report by running the following command:
tell traveler log fields *
- Ask the user to reproduce the problem and submit a Traveler Problem Report (TPR). For more information, see Device logging.
Important: Note the user name, device ID, details of the problem including the UNID or subject of the document, and the time the problem was reproduced when communicating with IBM Support.
- After the user submits the TPR, run the following command:
tell traveler dump <username>
- If this is not an HA configuration, run the command:
tell traveler pmr <pmr_number>
If this is an HA configuration, run the command:
tell traveler -s * pmr <pmr_number>
- Run the following commands to undo the system settings you configured in steps 1 and 2, if necessary:
tell traveler log removeuser <username>
tell traveler log fields <previous fields>
Outgoing FTP is required for the PMR command automatic upload. See PMR command details
for manual upload instructions and a complete list of options.
Parent topic: Gathering log files for support