In this section we walk through the installation of the Lotus Notes Traveler on Windows Mobile devices. We also go through basic steps on how to use the client after the client application is configured.
Ensure your device is connected to a stable WiFi network or to a 3G or 4G network. Using any slower network will increase the time it takes to perform the initial synchronization.
For supported devices and operating systems, refer to 2.1 supported hardware and software
To check your software level on a Windows Mobile device, follow these steps:
- Access the start menu of your phone, either by tapping the corresponding button from your launch page or by using your touch screen (if equipped).
- Find and access Settings. On most Windows Mobile equipped phones, this is illustrated by a folder with a gear icon.
- Scroll down until you find "About." You might have to scan through several pages. When you reach the end of a page, click More to move on to the next page.
- Click About. This window provides you with the necessary information. The version of Windows Mobile is usually listed at the top. It should read "Windows Mobile 6" or "Windows Mobile 6.5," depending on what version you have.
Multiple accounts support
Configuring multiple accounts on the same device is not possible on Windows devices.
Installing the Lotus Notes Traveler application on a Windows mobile device
Enter HTTP User ID and Password:
- Go to the Lotus Notes Traveler user home page from the device:
Open the browser on your device, and go to the Lotus Notes Traveler user home page URL provided to you by your system administrator.
The Lotus Notes Traveler user home page URL are:
When prompted for your user name and password, enter your HTTP User ID and Password.
Download Lotus Notes Traveler application:
Select "Configure your Windows Mobile" to begin download.
Note: The user status section at the top of the home page shows the status as well as the status of the device. If there are any user errors (for example, ACL not setup correctly), there will be an error message shown at the top of the page and the install section will NOT be shown (it is hidden until they fix the problem).
You can either launch the file right now or later.
The Lotus Traveler installation starts and a progress bar appears while installation.
5. Accept the license agreement:
Read the License Agreement carefully and click Accept
7. Download the client:
Click on Next
to download the Lotus Traveler client.
8. Confirm server address, user ID, and input password used for connecting to your Lotus Notes Traveler server. Click Next
9. Wait for download to finish
10. Select the features on your device that you want to synchronize with the server.
11. Complete configuration.
Customize data sychronization and schedule
Users can set and update device configurations and settings on the device.
- Select the Lotus Traveler icon.
- Select Menu.
- Select Settings.
- You have the option for configuring your Account, Mail, Calendar and Tasks, Other Applications, Auto Sync, and Server Settings.
Managing mail on Windows devices
You can use IBM Lotus Notes Traveler to communicate with co-workers, friends, and family electronically. You can create, send, reply, and forward email. You can send attachments, such as files and pictures, and organize messages in folders. You can save information about people in your contact list.
Create a message on a Windows device
Use the following steps to create a message:
1. Go to Messaging.
2. Select Lotus Traveler Mail.
3. You are taken to you Inbox.
4. To create a new message, you can use Menu
options or you can open any existing message and select Reply
to to reply the mail.
5. You can add or look up recipient as required.
6. You can also select the Delivery options by using Menu -> Message Options.
Options on a Windows device
1. You can sort your view on different criteria.
2. You can also manage folders and choose which ones to subscribe.