The Lotus iNotes client is enhanced to have additional capability to provide error, warning, info and detail information in a console for its session. An administrator can capture this information for analysis and provide it to IBM technical support for problem investigation and determination. The console logging is available in full and Lite mode, but is unavailable in utralite mode.
When an error occurs it will be displayed in the status bar. By clicking "show Console" link, it will launch Lotus iNotes console log. Another way to launch the Lotus iNotes console log even without error status notification, is to hold the Control (Ctrl) key and cliick "IBM Lotus iNotes" link.
When you open the Lotus iNotes console log, there are the following opotions:
- Error: Display only error messages.
- Warning: Display Warning and Error messages.
- Info: Display Information, Warning and Error messages.
- Detail: Display Detail, Information, Warning and Error messages.
- Select: Select all messages in the console
- Clear: Clear console error messages.
- Close: Close console log