Note: The Notes Browser Plug-in must be installed on a system without an existing Notes installation. If a Notes installation currently exists on the machine, the plug-in installation will first uninstall any existing Notes client before installing the plug-in.
The Notes Browser Plug-in must be installed using the local Administrator account; standard user installation is not supported.
There are 2 ways of installing the Notes Browser Plug-in: either using a stand-alone package, or installing the plug-in during the installation of the Notes Standard client.
Standalone install package
- Select an installation package:
- NotesPluginMax - includes a Java Virtual Machine (JVM).
- NotesPluginMin - a minimal installation, which does not include a JVM. If you choose this installation, applications with Java Agents will not work.
- Run the installer. The installer will first uninstall any prior installation of Notes. It will then install the components required for the plug-in, and register the components in Firefox or Internet Explorer, or both if both browsers are available on the system. Once installation is completed, restart the browser for it to detect the newly-installed components.
- If you had used the LotusNotesBrowserExtension.xpi add-on for Firefox during early beta releases of the plug-in, you MUST remove that add-on from Firefox. To remove:
- Select Tools -> Add-ons.
- Select the Notes Browser Plug-in add-on and remove it from the browser.
- Restart the browser.
Installation with Notes Standard client
- Select the "Notes Browser Plug-in" option under 'Notes Client'.
- Select "Install this component on the local hard drive" to install the Browser Plug-in -specific components on your system.
- Once completed, you will be able to use either your Standard Client, or the Notes Browser Plug-in. You cannot run both of them at the same time.