One type of SSL configuration uses a Self Signed Certificate (SSC). Consult the IBM Domino
documentation for information about creating a SSC and configuring SSL on your IBM Domino
server. Once your IBM Domino
Server is configured for SSL using your SSC, you must make a modification to the Windows
tablet device. The SSC you created on your IBM Domino
Server uses a RSA key size of 512K. However, the Windows
tablet device defaults to a RSA size of 2048K. To change the default RSA key size from 2048K to 512K, perform the following steps below.
Parent topic: Setting up IBM Notes Traveler on your Windows tablet
- Open a command prompt with administrator privileges:
- Swipe up from the bottom bezel of the Start screen and then touch the All apps charm.
- On the Apps screen, locate the Windows System heading. You may need to swipe or scroll to the right depending on the size of your view.
- Press and hold (or right-click) Command Prompt.
- Press or click Run as administrator from the menu that appears.
- Press or click Yes if you are prompted with a User Account Control message. An elevated Command Prompt window displays.
Note: If your Windows tablet account does not have administrator privileges, you may be prompted with a different message asking for credentials from another account on your computer that does have administrator privileges. You must comply before you will be allowed to open an elevated Command Prompt.
- At the command prompt, execute the following command:
certutil -setreg chain\minRSAPubKeyBitLength 512
- When the command completes, reboot the Windows tablet device so the change takes effect.
- When the Windows tablet device restarts, open Internet Explorer in Administrator mode:
- At the Start screen, click the Desktop tile.
- Right-click the Internet Explorer icon on the start bar
- Highlight Internet Explorer.
- Click Run as administrator... or press Shift-Ctrl-Enter to launch Internet Explorer in Administrator (elevated permission) mode.
- Browse to your IBM Notes Traveler server's web access page using HTTPS, for example: https://my-traveler-server.com/traveler.
- Ignore any warnings about certificates, and select Continue to this website.
- Click on the red certificate warning in the Internet Explorer address bar at the top of the screen.
- Click View certificates.
- Click Install certificate. The Certificate Import Wizard displays.
- Leave Store Location as the current user.
- Select Place all certificates in the following store, then click Browse to select Trusted Root Certification Authorities.
- Complete the wizard.
- Click Yes to install the certificate.
- Close and reopen Internet Explorer (in non-admin mode) to confirm you are no longer receive an invalid certificate warning when browsing to the server and that the IBM Notes Traveler web access page displays.