How do I create a message on an Android device?Added by IBM on July 29, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can create new mail messages with your mobile device.
Use the following steps to create a message.
- Choose the Mail icon from you application drawer.
- Press the menu button and select Compose. If you are using a tablet, select the Compose icon ..
- Address the message by entering at least one mail address in the address fields. To enable the Cc: and Bcc: fields, select Menu > Show Cc/Bcc. On tablets, select the Overflow Menu button, the last icon in the Action Bar to select additional fields.
You can type a contact's name in the Recipient field, and IBM® Notes® Traveler will attempt to automatically fill in the name based on what you type. Auto completion for local contacts starts after two chars are typed. Auto completion for remote contacts starts after three chars are typed. The number of characters for auto completion to begin can be configurable by the administrator on the server. Remote contacts are designated by an orange bar on the left side of the contact, while groups and mail-in DBs are designated by special thumbnail images
You can also access your corporate directory by selecting Menu > Look Up Recipient. When using the lookup application, only the server is searched. Local contacts do not appear. In the application, lookup starts after four characters are typed. This can also be configured on server.
Note: If you want to start a lookup with fewer characters, press the Android search button at any time.
Note: A message displays in the auto complete list if there are more results available than can display on the device. To display the best results, you must refine your search string.
- In the Subject field, enter a subject.
- Enter the body of your message.
- Optional: Do either of the following:
- To attach one or more files on Android phones, select Menu > Attach. On tablets, select the Attachment link, between the subject and the message body.
- To mark the mail as Urgent, select Menu > Message Options > High Importance.
- To sign the mail, select Menu > Message Options > Sign.
- To mark the message as private, and prevent the receiver from copying or forwarding the message, select Menu > Message Options > Prevent Copying.
Note: On tablets, the Message Options menu is available by selecting the Overflow Menu button, the last icon in the Action Bar.
Then perform one of the following:
- Select the on-screen Send button.
- Select Menu -> Send to send the message to the specified recipients.
- Select Menu -> Save as Draft to save a copy of this draft mail on both the client and server.
- Select Menu > Discard to discard the draft email from both the client and server.
Note: On Android tablets, the Send, Save as Draft, and Discard options reside in the action bar.
Parent topic: Managing mail on an Android device