An Exchange ActiveSync account is required. If you are using a device running Apple OS 3 and already have an Exchange ActiveSync account configured on the device, then you must remove the account before proceeding with the following steps.
Apple devices using iOS4 and later allow more than one Exchange ActiveSync account.
- Open the Safari browser on your device, and go to yourserver.com/servlet/traveler to open the IBM Notes Traveler user home page.
The user status section at the top of the user home page shows the status of the user and any of the user devices. If there are any error messages, they are shown in red in this section. Depending on the errors, you may need to address them before you can sync with the IBM Notes Traveler server successfully.
- Press Home on the device to return to the home screen.
- Select Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> Add Account -> Microsoft Exchange.
- Populate the following fields, and select Next.
Specify your server in the Server field in the format yourserver.com/servlet/traveler, and select Next.
- Email – Specify your mail address (for example, email@example.com).
- Domain – Leave this field blank.
- Username – Specify your HTTP user ID.
- Password – Specify your HTTP password.
- Description – Specify a description, or leave the default (the Email field value).
Tip: If you use a proxy, use the format yourproxyserver.com:port/servlet/traveler. For example, for a IBM Mobile Connect connection, specify yourLMCserver.com:port/servlet/traveler.
Select the applications you want to sync, and turn OFF the Reminder application (as it is not supported by the SmartCloud Notes Traveler service). Select Done.
Note: SSL is enabled by default. As a result, if SSL is not used, you must disable it for the account. To do so, select Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> account name -> Account Info, and then change Use SSL to OFF.
CAUTION: If you are using Apple firmware version 2.x and want to retain existing contact information, calendar information, or both on the device, make sure that you set Contacts, Calendar, or both to OFF. This avoids removing the existing information from the device.
The new Exchange ActiveSync account is created in Mail, Contacts, Calendars
in your Settings application of your device. Registration with the IBM Notes
Traveler server begins immediately and mail, calendars, and contacts will begin to appear shortly. Do not open your Inbox immediately after the account is created as it causes additional syncing with the server and prolongs the initial syncing.
Parent topic: Creating an account