How do I create an account on my BlackBerry 10 deviceAdded by IBM on July 29, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|Before you can connect to an IBM Notes Traveler server with your BlackBerry 10 device, you must create a Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync account.
There are two distinct and different procedures depending on which of the two connection methods your company has chosen.
Connecting to IBM Notes Traveler using BES 10
For this type of connection, you will activate your device with BES10. BES10 will then push the IBM Notes Traveler and Exchange ActiveSync profile to your device.
- Open either Settings or Setup and select Accounts.
- Select Email, Calendar and Contacts.
- Enter your mail address.
- Select Next. You are prompted for an "Activation Password” for BES10.
- Enter the Activation Password provided by your administrator.
- If prompted for an Activation Server Address, enter the name provided by your administrator.
Note: The Activation Server Address will usually start with an “S” followed by 6 to 10 numbers (for example, S12345678).
- Select Next.
- Create a BlackBerry Balance password. This password is required to access your work data (work perimeter) on the device.
- When prompted, enter your IBM Notes Traveler password, and select OK.
- Activation will complete and IBM Notes Traveler mail, calendar and contacts should begin to sync within a minute.
Connecting directly to IBM Notes Traveler
For this type of direct connection, you will manually enter the IBM Notes Traveler and Exchange ActiveSync account settings information.
- Pull down from the top edge of the screen to reveal Settings, or from the home screen swipe left to display the Settings icon, then select it.
- Select Accounts.
- Select the Advanced icon.
- Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
- Populate the following fields:
Enter the IBM Notes Traveler address (URL) and Port number (provided by your company administrator).
Slide to Select On/Off for the content you want to sync with IBM Notes Traveler.
- Description – Specify a description, or leave the default (the Email field value).
- Domain – Leave this field blank.
- Username – Specify your HTTP user ID.
- Email – Specify your mail address (for example, email@example.com).
- Password – Specify your HTTP password.
- Sync Mail
- Sync Contacts
- Sync Calendar
Note: Sync for Tasks and Memos is not supported
Swipe upward from bottom edge to exit Settings.
Parent topic: Setting up IBM Notes Traveler on your BlackBerry 10 device