There is no client software required. Supported mail, calendar, and contacts applications connect to IBM Notes
Traveler using the Exchange ActiveSync protocol. Windows
tablet devices support secure connections to the IBM Notes
Traveler server using SSL or VPN connections. The same IBM Notes
Traveler server supports Windows
Mobile, Nokia, Apple, and Android devices for the same or different users. Although there is no client software to install, you must create a Microsoft
™ Exchange ActiveSync account on your device for mail, calendar, and contacts before you can connect to the IBM Notes
Traveler server (for more information, see How do I configure an account for IBM Notes Traveler on a Windows tablet device?
Traveler supports the following capabilities for Windows
For information about unsupported features, see Windows RT and Windows Pro limitations and restrictions
Automatic, two-way manual or scheduled syncing for mail, calendar, and contacts.Mail
- Mail in Inbox and Sent Mail folders sync by default.
- Mail in custom folders sync by selecting individual folders.
- Syncing of read/unread status.
- Viewing rich HTML content.
- Composing new mail.
- Replying to and forwarding mail.
- Create new folders and sub-folders.
- Moving mail to folders.
- Deleting mail from folders.
- Empty folders.
- Searching for local mail. Select the search icon and type in the desired matching text. Results display based on matches found against mail addressees, subject, and body.
- Local contacts auto fill and corporate directory lookup. After typing the first character of a name or address for a mail message, matches against users in your local Windows tablet contact application display. You can also search your corporate directory by selecting the search directory option. If selected, the IBM Notes Traveler server searches for a list of matching names in your corporate directory and then displays matches on the device.
- Receiving and processing meeting invitations.
- View all day events, anniversaries, meetings, and appointments using day, week, and month views.
- Create reminders, all day events, and appointments without attendees (including recurring).
- Perform attendee actions in meeting events.
Parent topic: Setting up IBM Notes Traveler on your Windows tablet
- Sync/view all Domino® contact fields.
- Create new contacts.
- Edit/delete existing contacts.