|Perform the following procedure to generate a set of logs for troubleshooting a startup or configuration problem, including issues with upgrade, new install, configuration, or server startup issues.
- Enable Domino® console logging by adding these parameters to the notes.ini file:
- Reproduce the problem by editing the notes.ini file and removing Traveler from the ServerTasks list. Then restart Domino and issue the following command:
- If the IBM® Notes® Traveler server is able to start, run the PMR command from the Domino console:
tell traveler pmr <pmr_number>
is a properly formatted PMR number. This will perform a systemdump
of all log files, collect them in one zipped file, and automatically upload (FTP) the output from the log collect to ECuRep under the designated PMR number.
- If the IBM Notes Traveler server will not start, run the PMR command from a command utility window from the directory <Domino data root>/traveler/util.
For Windows™ operating systems: travelerUtil.cmd PMR <pmr_number>.
For Linux™ operating systems (must be root user): ./travelerUtil PMR <pmr_number>.
For IBM i operating systems (QShell): ./travelerUtil PMR <pmr_number>.
- If desired, remove the notes.ini parameter added in step one to disable console logging.
Outgoing FTP is required for the PMR command automatic upload. See PMR command details
for manual upload instructions and a complete list of options.
Parent topic: Gathering log files for support