The IBM® Lotus Notes® Traveler client provides a simple, easy-to-use interface with a minimal number of additional configuration settings required.
The client allows you to customize how you are notified when new data arrives. Depending on device capabilities, you can set your device to vibrate, display a visual indicator, or play a sound when a new mail message arrives. The client also allows you to customize how much data to sync with your device to optimize the use of device memory.
You can download and install the IBM Lotus Notes Traveler client on a Windows® Mobile device using the Lotus® Mobile Installer (LMI) application.
If you were running a beta release of Lotus Notes Traveler, uninstall the beta drivers before continuing.
If you are running devices with the TouchFLO interface, disable TouchFLO before installing and configuring Lotus Notes Traveler. You can re-enable this device setting when the client has been configured.
The following are several of the supported methods for downloading both the LMI and the Lotus Notes Traveler client to a Windows Mobile device:
- Over-the-air (OTA) connection
- Email attachment
- Removable memory card
Use the following steps to download the Lotus Mobile Installer application from the Lotus Notes Traveler user home page (if necessary). Then install the Lotus Notes Traveler client.
- Download the Lotus Mobile Installer.To download the Lotus Notes Traveler client, you must first have the Lotus Mobile Installer application installed on your device. Some devices may come with the LMI pre-loaded. If you already have the LMI, skip to step 2 to begin installing the Lotus Notes Traveler client. If you do not have the LMI installed on your device, you can obtain it from the Lotus Notes Traveler user home page using these steps:
- Turn on your mobile device.
- Launch the device browser.
- Go to the Lotus Notes Traveler user home page at http://hostname/servlet/traveler.
- Select Download Lotus Mobile Installer. Transfer the file to your mobile device and open the file.
- When the download completes, the Lotus Mobile Installer starts.
- Install the Lotus Notes Traveler client using Lotus Mobile Installer.
- Start the Lotus Mobile Installer application (it starts automatically if you just installed it using the steps above).
- Select Accept to accept the End User License Agreement (EULA).
- The Welcome screen displays. Select Next.
- Enter the server address used for connecting to your Lotus Notes Traveler server. If you use a custom port number for the connection, then enter the server name using a format like the following example:
If your server uses the standard ports 443 for HTTPS or 80 for HTTP, then the additional port is not needed. There is no need to include HTTP:// or HTTPS://
, as LMI tries to use HTTPS first.
- Enter the user ID and password used to connect to the Lotus Notes Traveler server and select Next.
- LMI connects and begins scanning for any new updates or applications to install. When the Lotus Notes Traveler application has been found and is ready for installation, select Yes to begin the download and install the client.
- When the installation completes, the Lotus Notes Traveler configuration wizard starts.
- Select Next to begin registering the Lotus Notes Traveler client.
- Select the applications that you want to sync and select Next.
- Select OK.
- If prompted, follow the instructions on the device screen to set and verify your device password. Note that the device passcode or PIN code is not the same as your LotusLive Notes™ password. It is used to lock the screen on your device after some minutes of inactivity. The strength of the password varies depending on how your company has setup mobile device policies.
Parent topic: Using a Windows Mobile device FAQ